Hop gun,aslo named as a hop cannon or hop doser used in breweries to add hops to beer during the brewing process.
A hop gun is used for dry hopping. It is always connected to the fermentation tank or the bright tank. Beer is circulated between the hop gun and the tanks until the flavor of the beer reach the required degree.
The hop gun is typically mounted on the brew kettle or fermenter and is connected to a supply of hops. Gernerally for dry hopping, It is always connected to the fermentation tank or the bright tank. Beer is circulated between the hop gun and the tanks until the flavor of the beer reach the required degree.
|Material: Sanitary SUS304||Choose the right|
|Capacity: 60Liters, 80Liters and 120Liters||1KG hops-10L2KG hops-20L3KG hops-30L5KG hops-60L10KG hops-110L15KG hops-160L20KG hops-220L30KG hops-330L50KG hops-550L60KG hops-700L80KG hops-1000L|
|Sight Glass Window|
|Interior Candle Filter|
|CO2 Inflatable Head on Top Lid|
|Pressure Release Valve on Top Lid|
|Pressure Gauge On Top Lid|
|Upper and Lower Tangent Beer Inlets|
|Bottomed Beer Outlet Pipe and large drain out|
|CIP Spraying Ball on Top Lid|
|Ball valves to insure the flow rate|
|High quality parts/gauges valves/clamps etc,and high quality casters|
|Conical hopper design on the bottom section to make sure dump out easily|
|All sections can be disassembled and can be cleaned easily,100% Sanitary grade|
The Advantages of Hengcheng Hop Gun
Optimum infusion of essential hop oils into the finished beer
Increase in yield and taste stability Defined increase in the hop aromas in the finished beer
Gentle dissolving of hop pellets in cold beer
Reduction in contact time Freely selectable hop dosing time and duration
No CO₂ losses in green beer
No heat added through the omission of the mixer
Good removal of the extracted hop solids – no filtration problems
Cleaning possible with external CIP system
1. Open the top cover (remove the bolt).
2. Pour the granular hops into the tank (usually the maximum amount of addition is 50% of the total amount), then cover the lid and tighten the bolts.
3. Connect the hop gun and diaphragm pump to the system.
4. Drain the air from the hop container
By opening the top safety valve to allow the beer to flow into. As the beer enters, the air is slowly pushed out. When the beer can is full, close the top safety valve.
5. If the pressure in the container is low, add CO2 to increase the pressure in the container.
6. Then open the valve on the beer recirculation line. Turn on the diaphragm pump for 2-6 hours (depending on the actual brewing process) to circulate the beer between the keg and the fermenter.
7. When the recycling is completed, empty the beer from the beer gun container. Adding CO2 will help empty the beer.
If the fermenter pressure is too low, this procedure can also increase the fermenter pressure and carbon dioxide content.
8. Finally, close all valves. Connect CIP system to clean and disinfect jump gun containers and related pipes.
The whole cycle operation is basically complete, and the operation of small or medium to large wineries is similar. The purpose of the equipment is to effectively introduce the aroma of hops into the beer, creating a unique experience with different styles and flavors.